And play they did. They both went through 2 outfits of clothes from the morning/pre-nap play and the late afternoon nap play. It is so fun to watch them discover new corners of the yard and find things to do. They "rode" their trikes through the soggy grass, splashed in mud puddles, played with rocks and leaves and a large puddle, and who knows what else. I even joined them for a bit realizing that I could sure use some fresh air. It was still a tad chilly so I left Linnea inside by the sliding glass door. Henry was delighted that his mommy was walking on their little hilly path and going through the bushes with him. I felt like Santa Clause coming to visit by how happy he was!
There is still a large swath of snow that is in shadows most of the day. It looks like a retreating glacier, complete with exposed toys that were swallowed by the snow. I couldn't find the camera until late in the day, so I'll have to post a picture later. And I finally found the missing pink mitten! Spring is on its way!
(I had to buy some real rainboots for these two. I could tell the mud was going to be around for awhile and the snow boots weren't cutting it, as you can see from the plastic bags hanging out!)
7 comments:
I love those days when you can finally get outside! Sadly, I can't just let my kids loose in the back, but SOMEDAY!
Oh, for a fenced yard! I told Oswaldo that's my only requirement for our next move. A fenced yard. Well, and a dishwasher. :)
I like the glacier image. :)
I too am so looking forward to the warming up days of Spring-- I can't figure out how to do outdoor play with the 21-month-old and the 3-month-old at the same time... Spring will hopefully make it a whole lot easier!
Hey Holly, It's the Lee's from College Park Ward. I found your blog from Michelle's. Your family has grown so much and is so adorable. Hope all is well with you and Matt. And I second the motion, I'm ready for spring and letting the kids frolic all they want. Take Care.
That Henry---I could just eat him up!
I agree with Heather. OH, FOR A FENCED YARD! We're relocating (and selling the house) and I'm sad to leave everything but that unwieldy back yard.
This is such a beautifully written post. Those kidlets sound like they loved it. I'm so happy spring is on its way!
What a nice post about a nice day. Can't wait for Friday the 14th!
Post a Comment