Thursday, August 07, 2008

Look Who's Walking!

It's been fun watching Linnea progress these past two weeks from 2-3 timid hands free steps to the 5-6 occasional spurts to just yesterday and today where she's cruising across the room with no fumbles. I captured the first stage on video but she's been so fast and fickle and our camera battery is having issues again so getting the "real walking" on video has been a challenge. (Not to mention spending a few late nights playing around with iMovie to get all the clips together with music and titles, etc.)

She's even got that "sophisticated" shift from kneeling to standing position down pat. She is still faster crawling than walking, but I'm guessing this week will be the turning point. I can see her getting to the running phase pretty quickly!

We sure love or sweet little girl! She is growing up way too fast....



9 comments:

morninglight mama said...

Can I just say that you made an INCREDIBLE little movie there!! I've never met you or your beautiful little girl, but I got all teary watching that-- the clips were adorable, the music was just perfect and I can imagine that a whole LOT of hard work went into bringing it all together.

Very, very nice job, my online friend. :)

holly b said...

thanks dawn! when I re-watched it this morning it made me tear up too.

as I was going through songs trying to find ones that fit, I listened to "Turn Around". That song makes me cry in a "not fair" love-hate kind of cry. the inevitability of our little girls growing up, and how dare a sweet sentimental song remind me of this. :)

Anonymous said...

Seeing her is wonderful.. ruining my makeup 1st thing Monday morning .. ummm still well worth it. Thanks... Next best thing to being there (I guess). She sure is precious!
Thanks for all your efforts... very appreciated
Grammum

Anonymous said...

Good job! to both moter and daughter. I agree with Betsy... I appreciate your efforts to put this together... keeps us long-distance grandmas from missing out on EVERYthing. I just watched this on my computer at work with the sound muted, so I'll have to watch it again at home to get the full effect of the music. Even without it I got choked up!

Corinne said...

I'm with Dawn - the music was great!! What was the first song? I'm not familiar with it, but I like!!!

Denise said...

That was soooooooo cute. I loved the music. Is IMovie just for Apple computers? I need to learn to do this.

Heather said...

You really out-did yourself with this little movie. B&K wanted to watch it over and over (and so did I). I'm so glad I got to see her walking in person. How bittersweet that your baby has already reached this milestone. Exciting and gratifying, but sad in a way too--the refrain "turn around bright eyes" fits all too well...

KatieC said...

Wow, she is so cute! And good work with iMovie. I'm still battling with that program...

Jana said...

Super cute--I can't believe she's walking! Samantha just mastered crawling and she turns a year this weekend. My girls just seem to take their time. Way impressive movie making skills!