Saturday, November 22, 2008

Evalynisms

I've had these quotes on my desktop Stickies for awhile and had to share them.


(from late August, a groggy morning for me and a typical chipper one for Evalyn)


Can I watch you put your contact in Mommy?

Sure.

Do you put them in in the winter Mommy?
Uhuh.
When it's cold?
Uhhuh.
And even when it's Halloween?
Uhuh.
And even when the flowers grow?
Uhuh.

Of course I went from grumpy to smiling by the end of this exchange.




(from mid-October)

Evalyn, wait til I've cleaned that sticky counter off before you empty the dishwasher...... (crash clatter as stacks of cups fall everywhere)

"Don't worry Mom, I'm an expert at cleaning"



(And here's my favorite, also from October, but it requires a picture for clarification...)

I'd given Evalyn something to do during naptime and was in the other room on my computer when I hear her loudly proclaim:

E: "Mom, look! I put her vagina on!"

(Playful Patterns Girl Picture)

M: "Umh, let's call that her pelvis instead."


6 comments:

erinmalia said...

oh my holly. that vagina story is awesome. i'm so proud of you that she knows the word vagina!

Denise said...

That is AWESOME. I don't even think my 5 year old knows what a vagina is, but he sure knows lots of fun words for the boy part!

Cami said...

HA HA! Oh my. These are all quite humorous.

Susan said...

I can't believe you put your contact in even when the flowers grow :)

As for the pelvis, I'm still laughing, even though it DOES make sense, we just don't teach them pelvis, but vagina comes up a lot during potty training at least!

Anonymous said...

What a little treasure! Never a dull moment, is there?

Jana said...

That is classic. From the mouths of babes...