I took some cute pictures of that and our family pumpkin patch outing and the kids in their cute costumes earlier in the week. But somewhere after the parade the camera disappeared. Gone. Vanished. It probably fell out of the stroller or car when I put the stroller back in and was in a hurry to get to Evalyn's class to deliver some caramel apples for their class party.
I didn't notice it missing until Saturday morning. I assumed it was in the diaper bag. But a thorough check of the car and all through the house and driveway and even the street where I parked and a stop at the police station yielded nothing. Our last ditch effort is to post a classified ad and a few posters, but I have little hope in that.
So no pictures of Matt and the kids spray painting their paper mache pumpkins that he worked on with them all week. Henry wanted to be a pumpkin and Matt said he would do it. By Saturday afternoon he had a very fun pumpkin head for Henry to wear with his glow in the dark skeleton pajamas from Grammum. Earlier in the week he was a scarecrow and a prince and a cowboy, all courtesy of our very well stocked dress-up box.
Evalyn wanted to be Barbie's Mariposa Princess Butterfly, etc. We got creative with her fun sparkly butterfly swimsuit and skirt from the summer, a pair of dollar store wings from an earlier birthday party and some fun hair styling/makeup. She was happy. And she also dressed up as Ariel the mermaid for her ballet class.
Linnea was a puppy dog that she also wore last year and Henry the year before that. She was also a little flower fairy courtesy of the dress-up box. She actually loves to wear hats and hoods so it was fun that she kept her costume on the whole time!
But no pictures of that or the Trunk or Treat and our very cool decorated back of the car that Matt and the kids did while I was mixing together hot cocoa to bring. No pumpkin carving pictures or glowing jack o' lanterns. No halloween loot snapshots of the kids in candy heaven.
Matt did pull out his trusty vintage Nikon and snapped some shots with that, so hopefully we'll get some nice prints back at some point. Fortunately, some friends have emailed/posted a couple of pictures, but none of Evalyn yet.
marching in the parade with the preschool
at our friend Jenn's house (Linnea is hiding behind Tigger)
3 comments:
So sorry your camera was lost! I'll keep my fingers crossed...
Sorry about your camera, but I got a lovely mental picture of the fun events!
That really is so sad about your camera. I hope you're able to get a grand replacement. :) And I'm so glad you are feeling so much a part of your little community now.
Post a Comment