Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Crismis

While swinging in my birthday present hammock, (we finally got it put up this past weekend thanks to Pappy Roy) I watched Evalyn playing in some small trees with two sticks. She remembered I was there and with great excitement called to me, "Do you want to come into my crismis?" I got up and asked her to repeat it, trying to grasp the context.

I gathered that one stick was a key and she was "unlocking" the tree. The other was her wand. She would go in and stand "inside" the tree. It all made perfect sense to her, but I was still a bit baffled. Was she thinking about Christmas trees? Or was there another word I wasn't getting? Either way, she was clearly delighted with her "crismis" and happy that I went "in".

Postscript
8/29/06 I think I figured it out: One of her new books is about a bunny who follows his nose and explores new smells everywhere. In one scene, he is surounding by pine trees and says that it smells like Christmas. So, I'm guessing that being surrounded by trees now means "crismis". : )

1 comment:

Heather said...

It seems to me you have a very smart little girl on your hands!