Thursday, August 17, 2006

Wacky Wild World

The weather has been pleasant this week, so we ventured into our very own big backyard this morning after Henry's nap. It is a little "jungley" still in some places, despite the bulldozing Grampa Moore did in May. Evalyn played on her slide a bit then beelined to the 8x8 garden box that never became a garden. It hasn't been weed-wacked recently so the grass and weedy ailanthus trees were almost as tall or taller than her.

I smiled at how cute she was "exploring" and hoped there wasn't any snakes or toxic plants in there. Just to be safe, I went over to make a visual inspection and she turned and said to me with great excitement, "It's Wacky Wild World, Mommy!!!"

wacky wild world

(If your 2-year-old watches Blues Clues on a regular basis, you will fully appreciate this. Otherwise, I will summarize it by saying Joe and Blue skidoo into Wacky Wild World where everything is crazy and tall and different. "Skidoo Adventure" is the name of the episode. If you don't know what skidoo means, well, that's just too much explaining. )

2 comments:

Heather said...

Where would you skidoo to?

Corinne said...

I love that she made that comment. What a riot Holly. She is still an infant in my mind so it is so strange to think about her having complex and silly thoughts.