So here I am in my quiet house anxiously awaiting the stroke of midnight when I can get in line for the final installment of Harry Potter. I've been very paranoid about hearing or reading some spoiler about Deathly Hallows since reading the news of the 1200 copies that were inadvertently sent out. I was even going to forgo tonight's Grand Hallows Ball at Borders in Silver Spring just so I didn't hear something I don't want to hear.
Then I figured this is the last chance to live up the fun Muggles as Wizards event and just be silly about it all. Someone may drive by with a blowhorn yelling "Voldemort Kills Harry" or walk around with a placard "Snape Really is Bad" or "Ginny Weasley Dies" or some such nonsense. I may overhear an in-depth conversation analyzing a recent review with such spoilers. Or none of this will happen and I'll have had a fun night in Diagon Alley (Ellsworth St) listening to a live band, sampling Butterbeer (courtesy of Whole Foods), getting a scoop from Florian Fortesque's Ice Cream Parlor (Ben&Jerry's), and finally enjoying the Ball at Flourish and Blots (Borders).
The excitement was already palpable as I stood in line this morning to get my wristband. I'm in the third or blue group so it may be closer to 12:30 or 1:00 by the time my book is in hand. That is unless I win a raffle drawing for first place in line...... : ) AM I A NUT OR WHAT????
No comments:
Post a Comment