Thursday, August 30, 2007

House Hunting Trip, Part II

So how'd the trip go? Which house are we going to buy? This is a tough decision. After mulling it over for a couple of days and going back and forth on it a few times, we're leaning more towards the Yreka house rather than Lake Shastina. It's never easy making a decision with so much at stake: money, comfort, safety, future housing market, day to day living, commute, etc. But this one is feeling more "right" the more we weigh the pros/cons.

I was hoping to have more to say on the issue, but my mind is still a little jumbled. Plus nap time just ended and I still need to find a dinner recipe for the chicken in the fridge. At least I got some pictures up!

4 comments:

Corinne said...

I'm sure you'll pick the perfect place - I'm SO THRILLED, really, that you get to MAKE such a great choice! It is a BEAUTIFUL place and how wonderful to live by family! Can't wait to see pics of the one you choose :)

Susan said...

You'll be happy in the end, as I'm sure you're praying about it. But it is a HUGE decision! No home is going to be perfect, but you did great once, you'll do great again. But oh it's so sad for us!!

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth... I think you're right in going for living in town. I think you'll both be happier closer to everything and the house will probably be easier to sell if or when the time comes for that. (a smaller mortgage is nice, too)

Something I heard once that I have seen proven true: "The Lord leads you where he needs you" We just have to be 'lead-able'

Kellie said...

The decision will come, and you'll be home before you know it. Trust your guts.