Monday, August 13, 2007

[We've] Been Working Like A Dog....

(I apologize in advance for the travelogue nature of this post. It's the best I can do in my current state of fatigue!)

I'm almost too tired to post anything. It's been a marathon of a weekend in trying to get projects finished. Friday morning we drove to Annapolis for my 34 week midwife appt. It was the first one we'd been to as a family since the "tour" at the beginning. Baby is head down, so that is a nice thing to know.

While the kids napped we packed and loaded a bunch of stuff to take over to the storage unit. When naps were over we made a big family trip out of it, the kids even helping a bit. Every time we drive past ezStorage Evalyn says "Is that where my toys are?" Now she knows what's on the inside, too. They both had fun riding on the empty carts after unloading and looking out the 5th floor window at the view below.

That evening a friend from church (David who also helped the previous Saturday) came by with drywall tools to patch several holes and rough spots in our upstairs. He brought two of his kids along and even though they're a few years older (6 and 8) they all had a great time playing and getting muddy. It was almost like having cousins over! We all ate pizza a bit later and the kids watched a movie while the Dad's finished upstairs. It was a late bedtime!

Saturday was Yard Sale Day. My neighbor had suggested doing a multi-family moving sale/yard sale along with one of her friends a few weeks ago. It was good motivation to get rid of extra stuff, but as it turned out, my neighbor had the most things to sell! It was fun to make the signs and put them up, and then people actually came. I was sad to sell my stereo that I bought from my work earnings in college, but the CD player had stopped working reliably and it was just taking up space. $15 was all I got for it though. sigh. David and family also came back to finish up the drywall repair and to frame in the A/C wall unit.

After the garage sale was officially over and packed up, I was so tired I could hardly move. The new carpet was supposed to be installed that day too, but they had to reschedule for Monday. Matt had already moved all the furniture outside and into the front room so the house was in a crazy state. The good news was that Matt was able to get the trim painted that night while I turned in early.

Sunday was a well deserved day of rest. After church we ALL napped until 4PM! That never happens. The evening finished with a farewell party for some dear friends who are moving to Utah. We'll sure miss the Lambert's!! It was a weird feeling, too knowing that "we'll be next" to leave our little ward family/social group at church.

Today Matt called off work so we could knock a few more projects out. I left for Lowe's at 7:30AM to buy a dishwasher and a few supplies. While I was gone, the carpet guys arrived and were finishing up by the time I returned. We installed our window boxes (sort of, needs some adjustment). Matt mowed/cut the grass and replaced the kitchen ceiling tiles while I packed some more boxes/decluttered and readied the playroom to be turned back into a bedroom so we could work on the upstairs tonight and tomorrow. Oh, we also moved all the furniture back into the newly carpeted back room.

This evening, our longtime friend Frank came over and helped install the new dishwasher. It looks fabulous! Can't wait to run a load of dished in it, there are certainly plenty that've piled up while we've been working away! It's a Maytag, white finish. I would've preferred black or stainless steel, but the black ones in stock just didn't have the features I liked. So white it is.

After a marathon crib disassembly, move, and reassembly, the kids finally went to bed just after 9:30. Their schedule is so off!! Matt is sanding/spackling upstairs in preparation for painting and I should be upstairs, too, packing some more boxes to make room for tomorrow's project and more friends (the Graff's) who are coming to help paint again.

Whew! Just a one more week (we hope) and we'll finally be ready to list the house. I don't think we can handle much more of this marathon anyway! We are so so grateful for all the help and babysitting that our wonderful friends are providing for us. We couldn't do it otherwise!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Whew! I'm tired just reading this! I bet if feels good though to be crossing so many things off your to-do list. :)