Sunday, December 30, 2007

Painting Henry's Room

Now that Christmas is over I'm itching to do all the aesthetic changes to the house that we've talked about. It's the same old domino affect though.

Before I can paint I need to rearrange the kids' beds since the only time to paint is while Henry is sleeping.

Before we can install new flooring we need to have a handyman replace our cooktop and ancient oven with a range so the flooring will go under the new range as well.

Before we can have our single paned windows replaced with new double paned vinyl ones we need to wait til the holidays are over. Hey! We can do that now.

Anyway, this past week I finally bit the bullet and moved Henry's bed into the girls room and moved Linnea's bassinet into our room and started fixing the crazy paint job.

Here's before pics:

The text is my own addition : )

During:

After:

Do you think the blue works? I was going for something lighter blue but I think it matches the denim and red gingham look. Now I'm just stuck on the trim. White makes the most sense I suppose, any other ideas?

Also for the closet door (and bedroom door) I was going to paint it white/trim color. Or maybe replace the bifolds with some white louvered once that are less dated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree--What were they thinking?!
What a huge difference! I think it looks like a nice blue. My only other suggestion for a trim color other than white would be maybe a pale green. Good luck with everything!

erinmalia said...

wow. good for you guys to be able to see beyond what hideousness they had created on their walls. i think the blue looks great!

Anonymous said...

What an improvement... that must have been somewhat therapeutic! The "before" walls look much worse in the pictures than I remember them being when I saw them in person; Must have been distracted by the stacks of shipping boxes.

Heather said...

What Mom said. I didn't remember the paint job in that room being quite so wild! Oh, and for the closet doors, I'd definitely replace them, if it's in the budget!