I keep trying to catch my breath and squeeze in some blogging time, but it is a hard thing for me! Now that Christmas and all its fun and crazy prep work and our family reunion earlier in the month are passed, perhaps I can. I've started composing some posts that I've saved, so when I do post them they'll show up as a past date, but hopefully you'll all enjoy them still. And if you've been following our blog but never commented, please do! It's super easy and you don't even have to login to do it. Just click on the Comments link at the bottom of the post, type your comment, click Nickname and type your name in. I love knowing who's reading and (hopefully) enjoying what we're sharing.
I think about everyone back in Maryland often, though I rarely get the chance to email or call with my thoughts. At the moment, everyone in the house is sleeping and it's only 8:15! Henry has been climbing out of his crib again so that has added to the bedtime craziness. My sister was borrowing our crib tent, since we thought we didn't need it anymore. We should just tough it out and train him for a toddler bed since Linnea is almost too big/heavy for her bassinet and we gave our 2nd crib away because we figured we could make do without, etc etc. But the freedom of safely containing our very active almost 2 year old is very nice, too. He'll be in a big boy bed the rest of his life, no need to rush into it.
Linnea is in her cute burbling cooing smiley talky stage without moving around or sitting independently yet. She's having fun reaching out and grabbing things, chewing on cloth, chewing her hands, and eating a ton! She just turned 3 months and went from taking 4 oz to nearly 6 oz within a two week period of time. It's amazing how fast they grow!
Henry is starting to talk a little more and show more interest in boy toys (cars, trains). He got some new PJs recently with cars and trucks on them and was very insistent on wearing them over anything else in his drawer. One of his most endearing habits of late is that he gives me his dishes or takes them to the kitchen when he's all done eating. Already cleaning up after himself in one way at least!
Evalyn has taken to insisting on wearing the same purple dress with flowers on it everyday if she's able too. It gets washed 2-3 times a week because as soon as she can get it washed she's wearing it again until it gets too dirty!! She's also very into containerizing her special toys/playthings and keeping them with her at all times. Lately her crayons have been the special things and the containers have ranged from a green lidded box, a blue sparkly crayon box, a latex painting glove, a cloth princess dress-up glove, and most recently her new pink Dora purse she got from Grammum for Christmas. She has always loved bags and containers, my kind of girl. I guess some things really are genetic!! :D
As for Matt and I, his job is shaping up to be pretty intense for the next few months as he gets himself established with each of the field offices he's working for. I'm just trying to keep my sanity as everywhere I look there's something that needs doing, changing, cleaning, organizing, etc. and yet finding or making the time with my very needy little ones is difficult to say the least. I finally went out and bought paint at Wal-Mart yesterday and tackled Henry's room, putting the first coat of primer over the crazy flowery paint job in there, more on that later.
So, keep checking in. We're still here.
4 comments:
Wow. You sound very busy. Good luck with the crib times.
All I can say is I feel your pain. :) Although, I haven't experienced the crib dilema. Tanner was in his until he was over 3.
I know what you mean about not having time to do what you need/want to do. Garrett has been waking up at least 2 times a night plus not taking good naps (sometimes 2 hours for the whole day broken up into 2-3 mini naps.) and since he has been on the move since 6 months (now 8-barely) he takes pretty constant watching. Add to that a potty-training kid that doesn't care to be potty-trained and a kindergartener that I have to run to school mid-day, and a 3rd grader that needs me to sit right next to her to make her do her homework each night and a husband that doesn't get home until 7:30 at the earliest. Well... I just wanted you to realize you're not alone! I would say the fact that you've started a painting project amidst everything else means you're hanging in there. (Or insane. ;) ) Good luck!
The crib tent is in the mail. But I guess you already knew that. Anyway, I enjoyed getting a little recap of what's happening now. Good luck with everything, and I'll be sure to come down and visit soon! :)
Glad to hear you are back in the blogging world -- It's always fun to keep track. And we should definitely plan a fun meeting spot between us!
Post a Comment