Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My New Favorite Place

I think I just found heaven. Well, it feels that way at the moment. After a week full of injuries and a still not put together house, I had to get out. Evalyn bashed her cheek/eye on the only hard part of the couch, Henry pulled the dresser down on him but emerged with only a bang/scratch on his cheek, and this morning Evalyn hurt her pinky toe and Henry shoved the plastic end of a 1 inch round dusting wand in his mouth and then tripped, causing painful scrapes inside his mouth. It's 38 degrees out (but sunny!) and I called all 4 moms I've met plus one I met at the mall play area in Medford and no one answered. That was after trying the library, but it doesn't open til noon on Wednesdays. So I googled "Ashland" clicked on a link for family activities and found Inner Child Cafe. It took 40 minutes to drive here, but I think I'll stay all day.

It's basically the perfect way to spend a day that's too cold for the park when you need to get out. There's a child friendly menu, free wifi, a pirate ship structure, a castle, a house, comfy sofas, a train table, and more. Oh it's just perfect. For $20 I bought lunch and the admission (4$ 1st kid, 2$ ea for addl).

Anyway, I'm going to finish my breakfast burrito and surf the web before Linnea wakes up and needs to eat too!

8 comments:

Cami said...

Wow! That IS a nice place. It sounds so nice and friendly and relaxed. I'm glad you found a nice place to go. I basically go to the gym when I need to get out, and then I totally get RID of the kids!

erinmalia said...

honestly. how did we find such gems without the internet? how grateful i am for it!

Corinne said...

What a FANTASTIC idea!!! I love it!!

Heather said...

Oh goody! I'm looking forward to meeting up with you there sometime in the near future... :)

Kellie said...

Sounds truly heavenly...

KatieC said...

Sounds like an awesome place. I wish we had one around here...

pitterbecky said...

I am so glad you guys are getting settled in. That place sounds fantastic! I was so grateful once I finally started finding places around Amelia to go to during the day!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Hi Holly,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I didn't realize you and Heather were sisters. Do you also live in the same area? If so, that's wonderful. I wish I lived closer to my sisters. I am looking forward to discussing your upcoming book selection. And I'll also look forward to reading your blog. See you again soon in the Nook.