
After watching a couple of YouTube videos, reading some pointers, and buying a haircutting kit that includes clippers for boy/dad cuts, I was willing to try.
My equipment:
swivel barstool
laptop with kid shows playing
spray bottle
sectioning clips
sharp scissors
mirror
combs of varying size for getting out tangles
The Process:
Results:
It turned out okay. I need to get her back on the stool for some touch up. I think the bob cut suits her age right now. It is so tricky to cut accurately! Even with her sitting still watching Tigger and Pooh and Little Einsteins on my laptop.
I was eager to try out the new clippers but Matt has always been opposed to the idea of me cutting his hair. Some fear of going to work or a big meeting with a very bad 'do. He was really looking like a Chia Head or The Fifth Beatle (nicknames are his own inventions). After some coaxing that involved guaranteed fishing time on Saturday and me reminding him that his office is much more low key here than Washington. It took almost an hour since we squeezed in front of the bathroom mirror so he could coach me and see that I wasn't giving him a buzz cut or something drastic.
I forgot to take a before picture, but here's the after. Not too bad for my first time I think. It was good enough that I think he'll let me try again next time. : )
5 comments:
Well done brave lady! I love it!
i'm not sure who is braver: you or matt?!
Good job! I cut all the hair in my house (except my own) but they are all boys, and two don't let me use the clippers. I think you did great! YouTube! That's a good idea. I'll have to watch some things to see if I'm doing it right.
Looks great Holly! I LOVE Evalyn's bob--soooo cute. That was brave of Matt. By the way, is he enjoying his more laid-back work environment?
Holly, the haircuts look great! Keep up the great work.
Post a Comment