I decided to do it (obviously). With disastrous results. I keep telling myself it was inevitable, she'd need the front trimmed eventually to be same length as the back. I kept hoping that since it was barely long enough to part to the sides we could just keep it tucked behind her ears, but her food and runny noses were getting all tangled in it, even when I 'd pull it back in that funny cute pigtail.
I think it looks like Evalyn cut it and not me! I had it all lined up with my fingers and started on the right side, then she moved her head and snip, GASP! It was a crazy angle way too short result. I felt awful. At least I'd parted the bangs out towards the front so there's small fringe from the back that softens the bad spot.
I think I can fix it with some of the longer hair from the back. I need to get my nerve up again though. She can definitely see better now! *sigh*. Would it be better to even it up a bit on the short layer or leave it alone?? Such angst! It's only hair! It will grow!! Right??
8 comments:
I'm always afraid of doing that everytime I give my family haircuts. I don't think it looks as bad as you do because you had imagined it a certain way and are used to seeing her with her super long bangs. I'm not sure what to suggest as far as more cutting/evening out w/o seeing her in person but I think you probably should wait for it to grow a little more. (It looks like it grows fast at least) I also couldn't tell from your description but I have a suggestion that might minimize oopsies like that: When you have a section of hair between your fingers and ready to cut, don't cut on the side between your hand and the head; this way you can only cut when is being held in your fingers. Still, anything can happen when you're cutting squirmy kids' hair. (This has been a good reminder for me when I give Garrett his first haircut soon.)
Oh dear. It will grow! You did a great job. I am totally scared of cutting my Janey's hair!! I only know boy hair. WEll, I've got a while before that is necessary anyway.
@stacy, that is s good suggestion, I obviously cut on the wrong side of my fingers! she was a bit cranky (thus the paci) so i really should've waited til a better time. I should take another picture because it doesn't look so bad with the wispy longer hair covering it. good luck with Garrett!
@cami, girl hair is waaaay easier imo, and the older they get the better I think. I should've put her in front of the TV or something distracting and not rushed it. learn from me!! :)
Hair does grow. And she is such a pretty little thing the bangs are a side note. Great job and it will get better with practice...of course, I'm still waiting for all of my practice to yield results, but, you know.
Well at least she is too young to hold it against you...LOL Actually, I think it looks great. I love to see her entire precious little face. Way to go.
At least you were using scissors and not clippers... so you didn't shave off her eyebrow like I did to your little brother when he was about 8. That was awful!
Linnea looks fine and I'm sure she appreciates having her hair out of her cute face.
I'm so laughing right now because I did the exact same thing to Eli, just in the back...mine looks much worse, especially when looking from behind. I swear I did it to Ben when he was younger too. Apparently I don't learn. I think she looks cute!
What a cutie that girl is. Just let it be and she'll be darling anyway.
Post a Comment