Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Linnea is Two!

Hard to believe that just 2 years ago we welcomed our active little girl into this world. From the crazy summer of moving and preparing for her birth on the other side of the country to settling down here in the sunny mountains, it's been quite an adventure.

It's been a delight watching her grow and become her own little person. She is very determined and knows her mind. She's always been very good at expressing what she wants, but now that her vocabulary is picking up it's even more fun hearing how opinionated she is!

*"Lellow" is her favorite color followed by "peenk" (pink) and "poopa"(purple) and "boo"(blue).

*She loves doggies and kitty cats. She has a little striped beany baby kitty that she sleeps with along with her most recent baby doll. And her blanket "banky", of course.

* She is very good at putting her shoes on the right feet and will change them when she gets it wrong, without me pointing it out to her. Henry and Evalyn are still working on this... ; ) And like most kids her age, anyone's shoes of any size are fun to play with. Even my kitchen gloves.

* She LOVES Blue's Clues and definitely watches more than she probably should. She's so dang cute and insistent when she comes up to me and says entreatingly "boo! boo!" (with a very faint "l"sound) and does the little open and closed hand signs for Blue's Clue's from the show.

*Tantrums: she has them at a higher rate than the older two, hands down. Hard to say if it's her personality or being #3. We're talking screaming, very loud protestations, throws her body on the floor, etc. over very slight provocations. She spends a lot of time in her room cooling off.

*When she's not throwing a fit she's very sweet and loving, often doing little errands and requests for everyone in the family. Closing the door, getting toys, putting dishes in the sink, etc.

*NeaNea loves balls, ducks, airplanes (BIG! Up High!!), BABIES, coloring, putting things on her head and doing everything her bro and sis are doing.

She's just one fun little girl and we're so happy to have her in our family. As I was going through photos for this post, I realized that I need to take more video clips!

Here's some pics of her, slideshow format, chronologically from last fall to now. Click the play button to view.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Such great pictures, Holly! And such a cute girl! At first when I saw her in the blue car I thought "Wow, do they have one like us? impossible" Then I looked again, saw the moss covered tree and remembered you must've taken it in the few minutes you were at our house this year!
I love the write up with all the phonetically spelled words of Linnea's.

holly b said...

@susan, yes I wondered if you'd notice that. She would so love one of those for her b-day. I guess there's always christmas... : )

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Wow! look at your little baby girl looking so grown up! Happy Birthday. May this year be full of excitement, discovery, and more smiles than tears (for both of you :).

Denise said...

Happy birthday!!!!