Thursday, February 05, 2009

Sibling Rivalry

I can't win today.

I make copies of a favorite coloring book. They fight over who gets to hold the book and choose their page first. Later I suggest to put a show on so they can veg and not bother eachother. They fight over what show I'm choosing and who is sitting where on the couch.

Henry is playing with blocks on the floor. Evalyn wants to play and Henry says no. I tell Evalyn she can wait until he is done. She steals a block and runs away. Crying ensues. I put the blocks away a little more vigorously then is probably appropriate.

Henry sees Thomas the Train on the TV and asks to watch his video. As soon as I go to put Henry's video in Evalyns demands to watch Sleeping Beauty to which I veto since Henry asked first. Much crying ensues.

Finally I take E to the other room and cuddle with her. We hear Linnea is awake from her nap and go get her. I come back to the office.

E: Mommy! Henry is playing in my room! Get him out!
(I distract Henry by bringing him in to the office with me to play on the other computer. Evalyn follows us in.)
E: Mom! I want to play on the computer!

AHHHHHHH!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I feel your pain, Holly. I truly do. I wish I could tell you that they grow out of it, but they don't! (Not mine, anyway) Ah, there are my little darlings now with screams of "Ow!" and "Stop it!" drifting up the stairs. *sigh* If you ever find a remedy, drop me a line, would ya? :)

Denise said...

Yeah, there is really very little computer time in this house unless it is the two minutes prior to them figuring out that Mommy has ducked out. If it makes you feel any better my 5 month old LCD tv was destroyed today. Not sibling rivalry, just...who knows.

Jessica said...

All I can say is that I feel your pain. Hope tomorrow is better... :)

Susan said...

Putting the blocks away a little too vigorously beats me chucking a toy Lil and Beth would not stop fighting over no matter how I tried to referee. I literally grabbed it away and chucked it into the toyroom.