Evalyn kept finding new sticks to use and discovered the fun of burning the 'mallow and blowing. Henry was content to just stuff his mouth with "raw" marshmallows straight from the bag. Matt and I took turns eating the marshmallows that Evalyn changed her mind on. Sticky fingers, a lovely chill to the air and some quiet time after Daddy took the kids in for bathtime made for a lovely end to day. I basked in the heat of the fire on my face as I watched the embers dance with light swirls.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
First Fall Firebowl
Saturday evening was crying out for a family campfire in our seldom used firebowl. The air was crisp and the kids actually needed sweatpants on their little legs. Evalyn and I had been out running a few errands and picked up the requisite marshmallows and chocolate (graham crackers being a household staple). Matt got the fire going and what a lovely marshmallow roasting event it was!

Evalyn kept finding new sticks to use and discovered the fun of burning the 'mallow and blowing. Henry was content to just stuff his mouth with "raw" marshmallows straight from the bag. Matt and I took turns eating the marshmallows that Evalyn changed her mind on. Sticky fingers, a lovely chill to the air and some quiet time after Daddy took the kids in for bathtime made for a lovely end to day. I basked in the heat of the fire on my face as I watched the embers dance with light swirls.


Evalyn kept finding new sticks to use and discovered the fun of burning the 'mallow and blowing. Henry was content to just stuff his mouth with "raw" marshmallows straight from the bag. Matt and I took turns eating the marshmallows that Evalyn changed her mind on. Sticky fingers, a lovely chill to the air and some quiet time after Daddy took the kids in for bathtime made for a lovely end to day. I basked in the heat of the fire on my face as I watched the embers dance with light swirls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
sounds lovely holly!
What a dreamy time.
I've always wanted one of those fire pits. Looks fun!
That looks like so much fun. Your kids are adorable!
Yummy, Holly! It was a lovely night. I am glad you were out enjoying it under the same stars as us.
So cute and so fun. I could definitely go for an evening like that. Your kids are so, so cute. I am so happy to have your blog!
A s'more sounds so good right now. I love the picture of Evalyn enjoying her marshmallow! What a lovely family time. You patio looks beautiful!
LOVELY - perfect times.
Post a Comment