Sunday, September 23, 2007

Just Listed!

We finally listed our house this past week! It feels weird to see the actual sign and have the lockbox on the door. Plus seeing the online listing. It is definitely more real that our house won't be "ours" for that much longer. No showings yet, but it's been good practice the last few days to try and keep counters cleared and clutter off the floors. The kids rooms seem a little hopeless, but we do our best!

However, the excitement to list the house will be cut a little short with the arrival of our baby. My due date was the 19th. Still no baby as of right now. After consulting with the midwife and considering all our options, we've decided to try inducing on Monday. This means we won't be giving birth in the Birth Center with the midwives but checking into the hospital across from the birth center. Seems a little silly to have made the decision to have our care with Bay Area Midwifery and drive the 40 minutes one way to Annapolis for all our appts just so we could have a natural birth outside of the hospital ONLY to decide at the last minute to forgo all that and have a hospital birth afterall.

We go in tomorrow morning at 8AM for our BPP (Bio-Physical Profile) where they do an ultrasound to check out the amniotic fluid, placenta health, and the baby's non-stress test to see how she responds to her own movements, oh and a weight estimate. This has become standard for my pregnancies since I always go post-date. :) This will also tell us whether she's decided to turn her head to an anterior position yet rather than hanging about transverse. (She is head down at least!!) At some point tonight we'll get a call from the hospital telling us what time our induction will be. We're pretty low on the list so we may end up hanging out in Annapolis for most of the day only to come home and try again on Tuesday.

So that is the plan. I'm relieved to know that I won't be pregnant past Wednesday at least!! Matt's mom is coming down tonight in preparation. I'm still hoping to go into real labor on my own and avoid the pitocin, but at the same time I'm just eager to have the baby. It kind of goes against my underlying philosophy of childbirth to go the hospital route, but you do the best you can in whatever situation. And despite what I've said in the past, I AM looking a little forward to 2 days postpartum in the hospital where I might be able to rest more than at home! We'll see....

8 comments:

Kellie said...

Holly-you will be foremost in my thoughts and prayers.

Robyn said...

I am so excited for you. I hope all goes very, very well. You're in my prayers too!

TracyS. said...

Holly, good luck! I can't wait to see your new little bundle.

PS:I went for the induction too- pitocin isn't as bad as they make it sound.

erinmalia said...

good luck with everything! hope it all goes well.

Anonymous said...

I can understand your disappointment with the change in plans but hopefully it'll work out for the best. If they do it right, pitocin isn't bad at all. (I've had it with all 4.) You can probably even walk around too if you want.
I hope the hospital stay postpartum is nice. I think the more kids you have at home the nicer the 2 days is! Good luck!

Cami said...

Oh, that is frustrating. I hope things work out.

Also, good luck with the house! I remember my mom showing me our for sale sign when I was 3. It was such a strange idea to me that our house wouldn't be our house anymore. Crazy.

Corinne said...

I am SO THINKING of you right now!! I really hope everything goes great. Can't wait to hear the news@!!@

Susan said...

Can't wait to hear! Every birth story is different, but in the end you have your baby and that's the most important thing!