Anyway, I changed them into grubby-it's-okay-if-they-get-stained clothes and we went outside utilizing a flattened cardboard box as canvas (since the easel was sold at the garage sale). I was only able to get a couple of shots before the battery died in the middle of a movie that didn't finish taking. so it goes.
The after picture of both kids would've been great. Henry discovered that finger paint was slippery if you stand in it and before long Evalyn was sliding on hands and knees and feet across the cardboard! At one point she even rested her forehead on the board while painting with her feet! Fortunately finger paint does wash up pretty easily, especially outside on wet surfaces. It was a great activity for all, the kids had fun and I felt good doing some constructive "mommy playtime" for a change.
7 comments:
That's great! There's just something exhilarating about getting "intimately" involved with a lot of color.
I'm glad you got a couple of shots, at least. It seems that you and Heather should always have back-up batteries on your person.
Yeah, I hear you on the dead battery issue. :( Great shot of Evalyn, though! I can just imagine the rest... ;)
uh, not related to this post at all, but i see that you're reading one of my favorite books of all time---the brothers k! you'll have to let me know what you think of it.
That is a serious activity! I bet they had a total blast. I still remember when I was 2 or 3 and my mom let me "finger paint" with chocolate pudding. Those things really stick with you.
chocolate pudding! that sounds like fun, I'll have to give that a go next time around...
I love it! Fingerpainting OUTSIDE is a great idea!!
Fun pictures Holly-I love your kids! I understand that feeling you get that you've done something right and good as a mommy. It always ends up being worth it.
Post a Comment