So I'm talking to my sister on the phone the other afternoon while the kids are playing outside. I can't remember what Evalyn had asked me to do, but I sure wish I had a Universal Remote Control in this late stage of pregnancy. Everything, especially standing up and sitting down countless times during the day, takes so much effort. And my very umh, perceptive 3 year old seems to sense this and tries my patience to the utmost degree.
"Mommy I want a snack please!" (Push Snack Retrieval Button)
"Mommy where's my blankie?" (Push Blankie Retrieval Button)
"Mommy Henry has a poopy diaper!" (Push Poop Vanishing Button)
"Mommy can I go outside and play?" (Push Unlock Back Door Button and Engage Extra Pair of Eyes Tool)
"Mommy I'm thirsty!" (Push Fill and Retrieve Sippy Cup Button)
"Mommy I need to go potty!" (Push Open Bathroom Door Button (currently child-proof doorknob to keep Henry from the toilet/sink disasters))
"Mommy push me in the swing please!" (Push Automatic Swing Pusher Button)
"Mommy Jadie wants in/out." (Push Open and Close Door With Childproof Forcefield Button)
"Mommy I don't want to take a nap/go to bed!!" (Push Sleep Mode Button and set timer for 3 hours hee hee hee in my dreams)
You get the idea. It's not like any of these tasks are especially difficult. It's more that they seem to be made the second I sit down from some other request. Call me lazy, but there's my wish of the day.
Fortunately when Daddy comes home, he does a pretty good job of filling in where the URC would otherwise, if it existed. : D
7 comments:
I especially like the poop vanishing button. Man, sounds good.
Ha! I love it, especially the childproof forcefield on the open/close door button, and the extra pair of eyes tool. Nice amenities! Hang in there, just a few more weeks, and then life is going to get really fun! :D
i don't even have kids and a remote like this sounds good. i'd like a button for tomorrow's lunch getting prepared. another for filling the water bottles. and another fur doing the dusting. that sounds fun.
You slay me - clever post friend. I remember cursing EVERY time I walked up from my laundry room up two floors to the bedroom. WHY did we buy a three story townhouse and then get pregnant two weeks later??????
Yeah, the whole getting up and down thing at 9 months pregnant is way too vivid a memory. Oh wait. I have a hard time doing that still. Trying to stand up from the couch with a 13 1/2 lb (recently detached from nursing) baby asleep in my arms, is quite a feat. Maybe I should start exercising.
Yes, lazy was the first word that came to mind, but I didn't want to say anything. Just kidding of course. That URC would be just the thing. Especially the extra pair of eyes. I need that now. Extendable ears would be handy, too.
I totally love that concept. We don't have any children yet but I can see the benefit of that remote control.
Post a Comment