Sunday, April 20, 2008

Kaboost



Check out this cool kid gadget. No more booster seat! Our new table is a counter height one and the booster seats make it a bit tricky for the kids, especially Henry, to climb into. Plus the seats scratched the finish off the chair in a couple of small places after a few weeks. :(

I was planning on making a simple pillow with a removable cover. If it wasn't 40 bucks, I might consider it. Or maybe for Linnea's high chair since now she's a bit lower than we are at the table.

I heard about it from a blog I subscribe to: Parent Hacks. It has some fabulous suggestions, though some are kind of so-so. It's a great community of parents who have some ingenious ideas and helps.

5 comments:

Cami said...

That is cool! If I ever have a counter or whatnot to sit at, I'll give it a try.

Susan said...

So do you HAVE these boosters? (was the talk of the scratching-the-finish boosters from before getting these under-the-chair things? or do you need both to reach counter-heighth?) These look a little tricky, as is, since my kids climb into their chair and then onto their Ikea footstools, which they use for boosters like the Lamberts did. Good luck, I bet dinner time is a blast at your house!

holly b said...

you can use these for a regular table or counter height, etc. The principle being that you raise the kid the same distance either way, from a regular chair or a taller chair.

No, I don't own a kaboost, but I think it's a good idea. My kids also climb onto their chair and then the booster. Our current boosters have armrests/sides are a little bulky. but the Ikea ones are slimmer. maybe I should just try a different style of booster.

Susan said...

if anyone will find the solution it's Holly Baun! Good luck! (We used 2 old phonebooks taped together for almost the entire time for our kids, until I finally started using the Ikea stepstools. neither of those work if you need to strap them in. The stepstools stick better to the chair because of the rubber bottom.

Heather said...

Hey thanks for the reminder about Parent Hacks. I keep meaning to subscribe, and I just did. :D That does look like a nifty idea... except for the lack of seat belt, which is a must for Katy.