Evalyn had finally discovered my hiding spot and gotten bored with Daddy's entertainments. I unlocked the door and she came in all chitter chattering away. I stepped into the bathroom to get a drink and when I came out I found this sweet little scene.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? She was so cute cuddled up in he spot I 'd vacated for not even a minuteI scooted down the hall to grab the camera before I lost the moment. It melted my little heart to see her cuddled up in "Mommy's spot" like that. Oh how I love my precocious girl. She was my shadow all morning long, taking a shower in Mommy's shower after I'd had mine (I think she washed her hair four times before she was finally done).
I love it when she's in a pal around mood. Makes me feel like I'm the sun in her universe instead of the dark cloud I can sometimes be (ie bad mommy days). Or that I'm her "rock star" as Matt used to say when Evalyn was a tiny baby. She only had eyes for me. I got the smiles and coos and excited looks from her whenever she'd catch a glimpse of me passing through the room. I was simply the coolest thing she could imagine and her most favorite person to be with, she couldn't get enough of me.
8 comments:
Sweet, sweet shot. What a lovely ego boost, huh? ;) I just added about a dozen books to my TBR list, but I'll have to move this one closer to the top!
I'll bet you still are her rock star. I'm sure you are the one she always comes back to.
I love that shot! and the whole concept behind it:)
Were you in our bookgroup when we read ICTC but just didn't read it with us? I can't remember. I think I was over critical because it was "my book" but suggested by a friend of mine and then I was worried about it the whole time I read it, whether or not people would like it, etc. I really prefer to do books I've already read for that purpose. So I didn't love it, but maybe I'll reread it someday and change my mind. I know a lot of people who really loved it.
Yummy. Those are the best moments.
I really do love that photo, and your story behind it. It's just too sweet for words.
SO cute. Those are the best moments. I'm putting that book on my long list of books to read. Have you read 3 Cups of Tea? The CP book club just read that--SO good.
Oh, how I love that feeling of being loved. And OH how I love that BOOK! YAY! Very nice.
I LOVE THAT BOOK. That is the book that I read while walking to church from graduate housing. That's a long walk and I laughed the whole way :)
Post a Comment