Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Linnea Turns One!

Linnea turned one last Wednesday. We finally got around to celebrating it this past Friday. (such is the fate with being the youngest) Matt was out of town and it was our first chance to mark the date. On Wednesday morning the kids and I woke her up with singing and a candle in a yummy breakfast muffin. (alas no pics) We had a fun day at our playgroup co-op and opened a present from Grammum that the kids had been drooling over for a few weeks. They were so excited to find peek-a-boo blocks and accessories inside. A big hit for everyone. Thanks Grammum!



That evening we had cake and candles. Linnea was initially only interested in touching the candle. It took her a bit to actually get into her cake. Once I gave her some utensils though, she was all about smashing and wacking. I think her favorite part of the day was having the bathtub all to herself. This girl loves the water.




In remembering her birth, I thought back to last year and re-read her birth story. There was a lot going on at that time besides having a baby. But even in the midst of that we were able to have that peaceful bonding time together. Linnea is such a sweet resilient baby. Rarely is she not smiling. And what a smiler! She is very friendly with people and melts hearts by reaching out to be held by others we greet.

She loves playing outside, climbing onto stools/anything, playing with water, taking baths, chasing balls, emptying and filling, playing in the canned goods cupboard, sitting on little chairs, finding hats, playging with animal magnets on the fridge, looking out the window by her crib, reading books and cuddling with her blanky and paci. Every day there is something new to discover or try. We sure love you Baby Nea!



8 comments:

Denise said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like she has the same adorable chubby thighs that Luke has. I LOVE those!

And why does Evelyn look like she is 14? Did you use another kid as a plant?

Cami said...

What a cutie! Happy b-day to her. Love the picture on the rocks. So cute.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

What a sweetie! Happy Birthday!

morninglight mama said...

Happiest of bdays to your little one! I clicked to read her birth story, and I had no idea that you had lived in this area only a year ago!! My Pudge was born at the birth center in the AAMC complex, just two short months after your little one. Man, I do wish I had gotten to meet you before you went and moved away! :)

Susan said...

She is so beautiful, Holly! I can't believe it has been a year. We miss you guys!

Kellie said...

I also can't believe it's been a year. I've been meaning to comment on this for days-she is so beautiful and grown up. I hope she had a wonderful celebration.

Corinne said...

happy day to that sunshiney girl (so very late)

Jana said...

The first year must go even faster with your third baby. She's darling. What kind of utensil did you give her to whack her birthday cake? It looks like a large chopping knife in the picture. :)