On Thursday Henry had his well baby checkup. Height (32 1/2 ") and head are 80 and 90 percentile (same as always) and his weight (25 lbs) is right at 50th percentile. Ever since he started walking around, his weight slowed a bit from 70th, active fellow that he is! I always think he weighs more than he does; he is a very muscular 25 lbs! Usually feeling heavier than his older sister.
Oh, he had to get two shots and even though I told Evalyn that he'd probably cry, she got scared and cried louder than poor Henry! Fortunately all I had to do was remind her that we were going to Trader Joe's next and she calmed down quickly adding, "And I'm going to get a pink balloon!" with a smile on her tear streaked face.
Later that day while I was talking with Aunt Heather on the phone, Evalyn wanted to talk, too. I helped prompt the conversation by asking, "What happened at the doctor's today?" Her response: "The lady stuck a pen in Henry's leg and he cried." : ( Needless to say I'm a little apprehensive about her 3yr checkup in June since I'm pretty sure she's due for one or two shots... (gulp)
Henry's been trying a few more words and baby signs. Mama, Dadda and Jadie/Kitty he's had under his belt for awhile. "Nana" (bannana) and "Si" (paci) are his latest ones. He smiles when I do baby signs for him (more, all done, please/thank you) but only lately has started repeating. I was standing in line at Target (with Evalyn in the cart and Henry on my back in the Ergo) and heard him start panting like a dog (kind of a weird baby sign but really cute). I looked and looked trying to see where the doggie was. Sure enough I finally saw a gift card with a small picture of a doggie! I'd been doing "fish" for him too, opening and closing my mouth, and now he's going crazy with that when we see a fish anywhere.
He loves finding airplanes in the sky and looking for the moon at night. Anything to do with being outside. He will do a face plant and lap up water from the ground before I can stop him. The same goes with eating dirt. Argh! He raids the dishwasher and Tupperware drawers whenever he can. He loves racing up the stairs when the door is left open chanting "Ah Ah Ah" mimicking my scolding words when he's getting into trouble. He climbs up to the bathroom sink at any opportunity and practically throws himself into the bathtub at night. The kid LOVES water.
A funny habit of late that I should get on video is his dramatic pout. He'll throw his whole body on the floor, put his forehead down to the floor with his little crooked arm above it. Very typical toddler posture I suppose, but it makes me smile whenever he does it. Probably because whatever provoked it is so small compared with the effort to make such a pose.
I could go on, but this post is long enough as is! I'd been feeling guilty lately than Henry wasn't getting as much "blog time" as his talkative sister.
2 comments:
Here's hoping Evalyn does better at her 3yr check-up than B did. He went absolutely ballistic. Not fun.
What a cute little guy that Henry is. I sure wish he were growing up a little closer... Sigh. Well, your descriptions help me feel like I'm there.
You were right--the baby signs ARE fun. K uses "all done" "more" and "milk." That's all I've taught her, but she totally loves it, and I should do more. She is so eager to talk!
K also loves to be outside any chance she gets (though she doesn't enjoy puddles quite as much as her cousin--thank goodness!) and boy does she ever love to "help" load and (especially) unload the dishwasher!
Thanks so much for the update!
We couldn't have me it without the signs!
Hey, that "pout" pose sounds really familiar!
Post a Comment