So, I picked up the book Twilight by Stephanie Myers at Borders this weekend while we were out running errands (decided I couldn't wait until it came in at the library). Saturday was too busy to read more than the first few pages. Then Sunday after church (I know vampires on the Sabbath....not to mention neglecting my family!) I requested a few hours of solo book reading and napping time. Needless to say I didn't nap and only stopped to help get the kids down for bed, switch some laundry and eat some food. At 1:30AM I finished, exhilarated and wanting more after reading the teaser first chapter for the sequel, New Moon. 498 pages in 10 hours, puts it right up there with Harry Potter!A BIG thank you to my honey for letting me so indulge. ; ) After coming downstairs for a break, I slyly mentioned it was kind of like going fly fishing for an entire day in a secluded mountain stream....
I've been hankering for a good addicting book just like this to zone out with for weeks now. Thanks to Susan for her great book group suggestion, even though we were all a bit skeptical.... The last few I've read were more deep/non-fiction and not just fun easy reads. Plus it was a very clean book in the language and romance department: tantalizing without going over the top. I guess that's why young adult books tend to fill up my reading list, even though I'm in denial about it! ; )
So now to get back to real life and be productive. At least I found the sequel on CD at the library. Thanks to my friend Corinne's inspiration, I'll put it on my iPod so I can still function around the house.....
3 comments:
hahaha! Way to go honey! I am glad you got some reading in. And thanks for bringing up the average for our Family Reading Quotient. Meanwhile, I am still trying to finish Poppy and Max!
PS
I do see the parallels of your reading habits to your style of fishing. Fish for five minutes, find a tree by the bubbling brook under the warm sun and sleep the afternoon away!
You should post that photograph!!
Oh HO HO!! Twilight! Did I not warn you at the nook that you would be addicted? VERY fun - glad you can join the ranks of Edward lovers :)
Hurray, I'm so glad it won out in spite of being a vampire romance novel! But I read Princess Academy and just got The Goose Girl and maybe we should read those next, they're also fun and easy, great books!
Post a Comment