![]() |
| Snowy Easter |
Zeke the dog is a bigger hit with the kids each time we go. He's a very playful smart Border Collie puppy. I think as both he and the kids get older they'll be able to entertain each other for hours rather than minutes! Grammum greeted the kids with a huge bunch of helium balloons. They were magical bouncing around the ceiling. The next day it was hilarious watching Zeke hit the slowly sinking latex balloons up again and again as he crouched waiting for it to fall slowly into jumping range. I'll try and get the video up.
This was the first Easter Evalyn really got into dyeing eggs. She was most interested in doing pink ones (of course). Since the older Baun cousins weren't here this Easter, Grammum, Pappy Roy, Daddy and Mommy "had" to take our turns decorating eggs as well. The tie-dye set was a big hit with us grown ups. We all had multi-colored fingertips and nails to show for our handiwork. : ) I have fond memories of easter egg dying growing up so it was fun to relive that. In typical kid fashion, Evalyn's technique involved plopping the eggs in the cups and sticking her whole hand in to retrieve the egg rather than fiddling with the wire holder. After they dried, she added stickers.
The next day I played Easter Bunny while Betsy was cooking up our yummy Easter feast and the kids and Daddy were napping. Henry had to be coached a bit on egg gathering (he tried to eat the first couple that he found). Evalyn got right down to business and had a blast discovering egg after egg. Henry was more interested in following Zeke into the mud!
It was a memorable Easter, hopefully one of the few we see with snow! Bring on the spring please!! I wanted to add that Betsy's Daffodil Cake was the yummiest and thanks for all the leftovers!

3 comments:
what a great day! we had snow on our easter too. SUCH a bummer.
I love that Henry was so eager to ingest his eggs. What did he think of them _after_ the shell was off?
Hey, everyone! I'm sorry that I wasn't able to see you guys Easter weekend! I sounds like you had fun! I'll make sure that I see you guys next time you come in. I haven't saw Evalyn and Henry for the longest time... I bet they are gorgeous!
With love, Blaken
Post a Comment