Sunday, June 03, 2007

Evalynism: Forgot

One of Evalyn's cute sayings of late goes something like this:

"Mommy, you got for the spoon!" or "I got for to get my crayons"

It took me a few times to realize she was trying to say "forgot". It's like listening to pig latin or something. I don't have the heart to try to correct her yet, and almost find myself saying "gotfor" as well!

4 comments:

Susan said...

I love that! I know what you mean. Whenever I teach my children a correct pronunciation or anything I almost immediately regret it. You miss "basgetti" the second your child says spaghetti correctly!

Corinne said...

That's so funny! We love to remind Sheely of her "silly words"

Anonymous said...

Ha!!! I still say HAAA DEEDO for Happy Birthday every now and then and it's been over 33 years

Cami said...

How cute! I think I'll start saying that too.