As with most loveys, it is difficult to get them washed. I'd been saying for months that I need to wash it but never got around to it. Well, Monday in the late afternoon Henry Dog ended up outside in the wading pool. Decision was made. Bath time for the puppy. While Matt took the kids for a quick errand I added some laundry soap to the bathroom sink for a quick wash-up. I was shocked! The water turned very very brown! I knew he was dirty but since he's not an outside toy I didn't think he was THAT dirty! So I snapped a picture for evidence.
After a few thorough rinses I stuffed him in a pillowcase and in the dryer with some towels. He and was dry in time for a slightly later bedtime. Whew! Too bad I didn't take a Before picture, it would've been more impressive!
2 comments:
I love the photographic evidence! :) And I appreciate the challenge of getting a lovey washed. My little ones are very attached to their blankets, especially B. As for stuffed animals, they each "bonded" with the one Oswaldo's former boss's wife gave them when they were born. Is that random, or what?
Wow, that was some pretty McNasty water my friend. I remember when I washed Sheely's Whozit for the first time, I was completely sickened!
Post a Comment