*a special stop to get donuts. Evalyn and I went here on a mother daughter outing the first time we were in town and now she asks to "go get donuts at the donut store" whenever we come up.
*riding the Riverfront Carousel. this is a fabulous recreated carousel where each horse was hand carved from basswood especially for this venue and has a name and story behind it. Troy is one Seahorse Dawn, Henry on Bondo and Eva on GJ. Makes it twice the fun.
*playing at the adjacent Riverfront Park. we didn't plan the outing very well and should've bought the sub sandwich lunch before arriving at the park/carousel and had the little picnic there rather than eating a very late lunch after it all. oh well!
*playing Settlers of Zarahemla (based on Settlers of Catan) more than a few times, Quiddler, and Boggle.
*the kids swinging on the oh so favorite oak tree swings. there are only two so it is a big exercise in sharing for them all. Evalyn and Troy were buddies all weekend.
*watching Henry and Troy interact more and remembering they really are only a year apart. their crazy boy antics also made us realize that the long held assumption of "crazy personality combination" between Troy (3.5) and Ben (4.5) was really just boys being boys. since they are way outnumbered by girls in the family, this was a significant revelation. :D Troy's cool "action" dinosaurs were a big hit with Henry. I snapped this shot of his innovated play of having the "sharptooth" eating the "Go Fishing" fishies.
*learning that another BOY will finally join the family! My brother Adam and his wife are expecting him to join their two girls in November. yay!
*playing at the Gilbert House Children's Museum in lieu of driving to the zoo in Portland. this was still a fun alternative since April had an appointment come up and gas being what it is. the first Tuesday of the month is very discounted so we were hoping to take advantage of that. next time!
4 comments:
Thanks for posting this, Holly... I almost think I was there! I'm glad you got the giant rocking chair pic.
HOW FUN!! Seriously, cousins are the best. I like your hair in that park picture, by the way :)
What a great trip! I'm so glad you live close(r) so you can visit more often.
Look at me, finally leaving comments on your blog! I love love love the shot of Henry going down the slide and the one of the four of them holding hands. Now I wish we'd been along for the fun...
Post a Comment