So, I'm sitting outside under the awning while Evalyn is playing in the water. Linnea had been splashing around with her, but was getting tired so I put her down for a nap. Henry was still sleeping. I get settled back in my patio chair then Evalyn announces she's done and wants to come in. I'm a little slow to respond since this is the first time I've been on the computer going through blogs all week. The following conversation takes place:
**********
E: "Hey Holly, I'm getting tie-erd. I want to go inside and watch a show and eat a graham cracker. Let's watch Max and Ruby!"
M: "Mmmhmm. sounds good. Just put your dry clothes back on and hang up your swimsuit."
(tap a tap a tap. chitter chatter from Evalyn)
E:"Come on Mom! You can blog on the couch."
M:"Okay sweetie." (smiling at her new vocabulary as I get up.)
E:"I'll go get the graham cracker and you find a spot on the couch and get the show put on. How does that sound?"
M:"That sounds great."
E:"I think I want two graham crackers actually..."
************
This little conversation made me grin so I had to capture it. These are her literal sentences. It was even funnier to me since I'd been very busy doing things around the house all day but she made it seem like all I'd been doing was "blogging". I guess she assessed the situation and figured out how to play it to her advantage. :) The show choice was also very random because we haven't watched Max and Ruby for a few months at least.
5 comments:
How old is this darling?? Okay, so one, it cracked me up that she called you Holly, and two, the blogging business is hysterical. My (almost) 8 year old will now aske me during an event or when something funny happens, "Are you gonna blog about that?" How easy these words become so natural in their vocabularies. :) Thanks for sharing that funny story!
HA! That is funny. Common mom, you can blog anywhere! It's almost sad. i mean, my 6 year old already blogs on his own. How did that happen?
Oh so funny! I too LOVED that she called you by your first name. Love that girl.
yes, at 4yo she is the queen of nicknames. I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not that she calls me Holly as much as she calls me Mommy/Mom/Momma. "Hollybaunda" is her latest creation. It is endearing most of the time, except when she gets sassy and then we have a little chat about being respectful. :)
She is her mother's daughter. What more can I say? ;)
Post a Comment