Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Common Sense Plan

Sorry, no pictures of kids or family stories AGAIN. (I'm working on it...) Instead, some more of my political diatribe. Along with the rest of you, I'm anxiously wondering how things will play out with the current financial crisis. I read about Dave Ramsey's Common Sense Fix/Plan (PDF link) that he's promoting and it sounds good. I went ahead and emailed it and my thoughts to my representatives and am now encouraging you all to READ ABOUT IT HERE and do the same.

I've never contacted my representatives before and I must say that it felt very civic to type my thoughts in a form and send it along. I think I'll call tomorrow, too. Hopefully it's not too late!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I heard him on the radio. It sounded interesting. The whole thing crisis is crazy. I can't say that I understand it very well, but it is just sad that we are in this situation.

Anonymous said...

I think the government will recoup their costs for the most part within the next year as long as there are risk takers like JP Morgan, Warren Buffett. But it will be interesting to see if foreign corporations are allowed to buy the assets the United States picks up in this deal.

I am afraid to peak at my retirement account after I heard some politician on the House floor talking about a constituent who is in his early 60's lost $80,000 in one day. I worry that oil, food, and electricity costs will rise even more, I worry that wages will stay the same, and I worry about layoffs in the manufacturing sector, and I worry about job losses and high unemployment in the year to come. I hardly have any sympathy for Wall Street, but it is a sad situation. A trillion dollars for Wall Street this month, a coupla hundred billions for whatever tax cut, bail out, disaster relief payment that will inevitably be coming our way. Soon this monster bail out will add up for the Treasury and our friends in the House will do what the Constitution allows them to do -- coin money. The value of the dollar will have even less value and I get the sense I'll be in deep doo-doo.

holly b said...

deep doo-doo, huh? you are so eloquent honey. ;)