So, I think Jason Castro intentionally chose songs that he'd do poorly on so he could get off the show. They were awful. He was terrible. Almost like it was his first try out or something. I think he's burned out. I am so so hoping that his little fun club will realize this and let him off the hook. It will be a travesty if he's in the final three.
The others did pretty good. They each had one good song and one bad in my opinion. David Cook's first song was so-so. The sound seemed off or something. He had so much to choose from, not sure why he went with that. Maybe some burnout on his end too? His second song was very good, definitely the David Cook we love to hear.
Syesha's fist song was her total Broadway self. Animated, fun, smiles and moves. Her second was very emotional for her, you could tell. I could feel the power of the words, but it was a little disjointed with the tempo and too many "big voice" parts instead of following the melody. It wasn't terrible, just not a very smooth performance.
David "Golden Boy" Archuleta did his same-old "easy listening" performance. He mixed it up slightly and did put a lot of heart into it, but it seems he can only sing one way and the judges appear oblivious to this. Matt's theory is that they have some kind of bonus tied into the ratings. The more viewers, the better the ratings, the bigger the bonus. David Archuleta is key to the higher ratings, so they praise him to high heaven to keep him on as long as possible.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Jason Castro gets to pack his bags tonight.
4 comments:
Holly! Sara and I are so enjoying your reviews. We agree with you about Jason. I really like David Cook as well, but Sara, owing perhaps to her age, is a HUGE fan of David Archu-perfecta. I'm with you, it sorta hurts my teeth to watch him perform, in spite of his lovely voice.
Ia Duran Duran really in the Rock and Roll hall of fame.
I'm glad your (and my) finger crossing worked. ;) Jason so needed to go. I thought this week was one of the worst of all--some bad song choices, and not what you expect when down to the final four. David Cook is my favorite, but what was up with that horrible "Hungry like the Wolf?" Yuck. Not bad, but not good or different. The other David can sing beautifully, but he's too boring for me. He still has never topped his performance of "Imagine".
Well, I didn't watch this week, but it's fun to know what you're talking about at least. I think Matt's on to something with his theory. :) Glad to know Jason went home; maybe I'll watch next week...
Post a Comment