Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fun with Water

It's finally getting warm enough for the kids to play outside in water without getting too cold. If it's the least bit warm, Evalyn insists on wearing her suit but will last only a short while outside before wanting a warm shower. It got to the point where I made a new rule: if you play outside in water, no bath right after that. Dry off and put clothes on. Baths only at bedtime. I've bent the rule a bit for extreme cases of filthiness; I hate using all that back to back water.

Yesterday though the weather was a lovely 83 degrees. Perfectly warm. I got a little creative and made a waterslide with the hose running from the top of the slide into the pool below. (A bigger pool would've worked better. ) Here' s the video:



Water and sand/dirt have a universal magnetic attraction for kids, especially little boys. Right after Henry dumped the sand in the pool, I brought out the sometimes remedy: sand and water play table.



This play set-up and Linnea taking a long nap gave me bonus time that I squandered away on blogging. I love catching up with friends and being on top of things. Having my Google Reader say (0) unread posts is almost as satisfying as going to bed with a spotless kitchen and running dishwasher. Sadly, the latter didn't happen last night. Am I the only one?

6 comments:

Cami said...

Man, my bloglines has like 100 posts I haven't read. I'm trying to catch up.

The water fun looks great!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

haha!! This is so fun! I followed you here from the nook...hope you don't mind!

i love your blog!!

I have one that is pretty much just books: http://exlibrisbb.blogspot.com/

and another one that is family, chickens....you know, everything besides books! ;) here:

http://bethanyblogs.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

Wow, I got really behind all of a sudden! Love the pop up bubbles, I'll have to look for those. Also glad you fixed your sleep problem!!! I'm happy to report that Audrey is doing better staying in bed at night. But if she relapses, I'll have to try the start chart. ;)

Kellie said...

Oh, I'm glad you're having water fun. We are having a positively Pacific Northwestern Spring here. Cool and rainy is starting to get monotonous on the weather report. I hear you about catching up. I can get to the reading usually, its the commenting and interacting that I really fall down on...I loved seeing you all and hearing your voices in the video!

Heather said...

I can't remember the last time my Google Reader said 0. But then, I also can't remember the last time I went to bed with the kitchen spotless! :)

I love your waterslide idea! Sadly the video doesn't seem to be working anymore. Hope you didn't get TOO hot this weekend. We were cooking here. But it's supposed to be 58 and raining again by Wednesday... hard to believe.

rick and cheryl said...

I love the waterslide. You are such a fun mom. Good luck with the clean kitchen-not an easy task.