Tuesday, May 13, 2008

American Idol: Closed Captioning

After a longish evening getting the kids down, Matt and I sat down to our Tivo to watch the Top Three Idols tonight. And thanks to some glitch in the station broadcast or our lame-o DirecTV excuse of a Tivo box, WATCH was about all we could do. The sound wasn't recorded or not broadcasted. We kinda watched the intro with subtitles but figured it would be a pretty lame 35 minutes. So no Idol for us tonight. For those who did watch and read our blog (all 5 of you??) what did you think?

I'll try to find something online tonight and I guess that will have to suffice. We did have time for a good episode of Bones with a twist at the end. And I wonder why it's been hard to "find" time to read lately.... That's one thing I actually look forward to about the summer: freedom from TV series that draw you in. More time to spend doing what I'd really like to do. (Boy, that sounds dismal and helpless. I'll not go there tonight!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought it was a good show all in all. The songs for David Cook were a bit different than what he normally picks but he handled very well. Archie was predictable, always sounds the same to me. Sayesha should be going home. Her focus seemed more on fashion than singing.
Too much bantering between Randy and Simon over their song choices and how their contestants did... tiring. Randy couldn't seem to let it go all evening. ONE MORE WEEK!! You guys really need to tape the finale show for me next week.

Anonymous said...

Okay, here's my take: David A: He "could sing the phone book" but all of his songs were interesting choices. I think he did best on his first song. Syesha: did a great job singing all of her songs as usual but I think her last song was pushing her limits a little too much. She had interesting songs as well. David C: 1st song-pretty good. 2nd-okay. 3rd-the best of the night.
I think Cook will/should win and it's a real toss up on if Archie or Syesha should go home. (I'm kinda pulling for my home-town boy, especially since Jon is from Murray and went to the same high school and, as Savannah pointed out on Sun, she ran on the Murray h.s. track once when she was "in" running.)

Jessica said...

Yeah if I heard "you could sing the phone book" one more time I thought i was going to scream! I think they all got that one at some point during the night.

So I always think this night is tough b/c if I was a contestant I would want Simon to pick my song--he seems to always pick good songs and then Paula and Randy are always out in left field. Tonight I think Paula and Randy picked good songs for the contestants. Unfortunately the producers made poor choices (as usual) and the judges (as usual) spent too much time complaining about the songs the producers picked, as opposed to the performances, which were all fine.

Overall, David A was the same--yes he can sing beautifully, but he so BORING! Way too "adult contemporary" for me. Syesha also sings well, but she's going overboard with the Broadway angle. I think she will be the one going home this week--the judges were kind of hard on her. David C did a great job, but didn't necessarily blow me away.

I think the stage is set for a David showdown in the final. I'm actually thinking about maybe voting next week (for the first time ever). I'm sorry, but David A shouldn't win, again, BORING! I would totally buy an album by David C, so I might have to pick up that phone... ;)

I hope you don't have any more recording problems. That sinks!

holly b said...

thanks for your feedback, guys. from what you all said, and if Matt's conspiracy/ratings theory holds true, I bet Syesha will go home tonight for a battle of the Davids. I'm with you Jessica, I'll be dialing David Cook's number. I think Archuleta is young enough that he'll go along way simply being the runner-up.

@Stacy, that is a fun connection, I didn't know Jon was from Murray

@Grammum, of course we'll Tivo it for you!

Heather said...

Okay, I'm going to have to write the David showdown on my calendar so we actually remember to watch it! I'll be very disappointed if David A wins, because I think David C is much more deserving. Heck, maybe I'll vote along with Jessica! :)