The rules:
- Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
- At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I wear contact lenses almost exclusively. Once the kids are in bed I'll switch to my glasses for computer/TV/reading. I'm quite near-sighted without them and hate it when the kids pull them off my face, the lack of peripheral vision while driving, and that I've never found a pair that is comfortable and the right size. Although my current frames come pretty close.
2. My favorite topping for chocolate cake is Coconut Pecan Frosting, homemade if at all possible. I remember making it for my older sister's birthday a few times. It was a win-win situation because we got to eat it together plus I got to lick the pan after the cake was frosted.
3. I took a botany class in college and learned to identify dozens of trees and shrubs. I spent 2 hours every other day walking around campus looking at plants and coming up with mnemonic devices to remember them all by scientific and common name. It was Spring term and the only class I took. One of my fondest couple of months during school.
4. The first time I used a microwave was almost a disaster. We'd just had it put in our kitchen and my mom asked me to make some Mac and Cheese (I was 8 or 9). She stepped out into the garden for a little while. I filled the pot with water, put it in and realized I didn't know how long to set the timer for to boil the water. Fortunately I went out to ask her first. After answering "about 5 minutes" she paused and asked what container I was using. With a shrill gasp she ran in and explained the metal-microwave connection to me. This little scene still plays through my head whenever I cook mac and cheese from box, especially Kraft brand.
5. I hate sleeping with my feet tucked in. Whenever I stay at a hotel the first thing I do when getting into bed is pull the tight sheets out on the end so I can stick my feet out. Even in the winter time I have my covers ever so lightly draped so they don't feel "stuck".
6. In high school I ran cross country and track. I'm very clumsy with balls of any size. They always seem to hit me in the head no matter what. Besides, I liked the mental challenge of running. I was never very fast but I loved the team camaraderie and pushing myself to keep goals.
7. I have an aversion to the sound and feeling of scraping silverware on the textured designs of Corelle dishes. I prefer eating from the plain white ones, even though we have other patterned ones in the cupboard. I'll go so far as to hand wash a plain one if they're all dirty.
8. My favorite toothpaste is Tom's of Maine Spearmint. It's so refreshing and full without being too sharp or biting like peppermint often is. I've also used their fennel flavor in the past, it has a warm sweetness to it that is more like dessert than toothpaste.
I tag Heather and Kellie, since most everyone else I blog with have already been tagged. : ) Not the quota of 8, but hey I can bend the rules on my post if I want, right?
3 comments:
Doh! I finally got tagged! This reminds me that I still need to finish my 100 Things About Me list. Now instead of 25 more random things, I have to come up with 33!!! Well, I'll get around to it... eventually. :)
#1 Kids pulling glasses off the face is no fun!
#2 Mmmmm... how long until it's my birthday again??
#3 What a lovely way to pass a semester! Do you still remember all those names?
#4 Funny the things that stick with us. How will our own children fare? :)
#5 Tucked-in sheets bad!
#6 LOL about the balls!
#7 Likewise, but you knew that.
#8 I like that ToM toothpaste isn't so sickly saccharine sweet.
Contacts are one of the most wonderful things ever invented. Ever.
Nice random facts. I hear you on the dishes scraping sound. Some things just grate.
Post a Comment