Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Our Memorial Day Weekend

Matt enjoyed a well deserved fishing trip to western Maryland leading up to the weekend. Saturday when he was back we had dinner at Ledo's Pizza in Laurel. Yum-my. We went early enough that the kids weren't crazy and left before any major incidents, aside from the usual sugar package dumping, crayon chewing and food on the floor. Sunday was laid back and Monday we spent around the house, mostly fixing some yummy picnic type food. It was one of those days where I'd envisioned a family outing to a parade or park or something special but reality never played out. By the time the food was prepared (we opted for dinner) it seemed too late to go anywhere when our backyard was close and convenient. This caused some emotional/hormonal turmoil for me, realizing the day was ending without it being anything amazing. After I vented and tried (mostly unsuccessfully) to explain how I felt to Matt and figure out why I was so upset, the weirdness passed and we had a lovely little dinner of potato salad, chicken sandwiches and watermelon. And later strawberry shortcake for dessert. Yum. We failed to get a full family shot per my mother's request, we'll try later on this week!



3 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry about the "hormone storm." Ah the joys of pregnancy! All the parks and such were probably really crowded anyway. I'm sure your back yard was the best option! :) Glad you had a good weekend!

Corinne said...

Ledo's OHHHHHH our FAVORITEEEEEEE

Kellie said...

Everybody looks great in the backyard. But I can totally relate to those out of body experiences when its like you're watching yourself fall apart. Sometimes the vent is all that's needed. Glad it was such a nice weekend.