Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Knitting Lesson


I think I'm hooked. My friend Kellie came by yesterday for lunch and a knitting lesson. We actually hadn't met before in person but knew each other through our online book group, the Sequestered Nook, and our blogs. It was great meeting in person and getting to know eachother more. She is an avid knitter and I've always wanted to try it out. So she brought several yarns for me to choose from. They were all beautiful but the fuzzy acrylic wool (I think) in shades of warm reds and oranges appealed to me for a scarf and hat. Although the blue in a similar variegated shade was a close second.

Kellie is an excellent teacher and made me feel like each row I did and little things I figured out were great feats. The yarn is very forgiving and I'm so excited for the finished product, albeit weeks away, I'm sure! I'm excited to learn to knit my own socks, too! And of course some cute baby accessories....

My kids really liked her, too. When Kellie pulled out her balls of yarn Evalyn eagerly handled them. Kellie asked what Evalyn wanted to make with it. "A kitty" was her smiling reply. What a cutie!

3 comments:

Cami said...

That is so great. I can't think of a better teacher than Kellie, and I'm sure you had a great time. Good luck Knitting!

Kellie said...

Interested, brilliant students make it awfully easy to teach!

Corinne said...

Kellie is one of my favorite people, I am so glad you got to meet her in real life :)