My big accomplishment for my one week mark is that I finished the entire first ball of yarn! I knitted in to my second one. We'll see if this next week is as productive as my first. I kind of doubt it, but we'll see. I suppose this post is a bit of "praise to me" but I just wanted to share my enthusiasm.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Knitting a Scarf: Week 1
After a week of knitting I'm totally hooked. I love that I can do it outside while the kids are playing without feeling annoyed by interruptions, as when I'm reading a book. I feel productive when I'm in situations where I'm just listening. I even managed to watch most of a James Bond movie with my husband while knitting. It was slow going and I'm sure I made a few more mistakes than otherwise. And I wouldn't try it with a TV show or movie I was way into. But for something that I can look up from and pause frequently it's great! And yes, there were a couple of nights I actually chose knitting in bed rather than reading before I fell asleep, but that was only the first day or two I think. I love that I can do it for 15-20 minute intervals and not feel "deprived" when I need to put it down. I don't know why it took me this long to find such a hobby!
My big accomplishment for my one week mark is that I finished the entire first ball of yarn! I knitted in to my second one. We'll see if this next week is as productive as my first. I kind of doubt it, but we'll see. I suppose this post is a bit of "praise to me" but I just wanted to share my enthusiasm.
My big accomplishment for my one week mark is that I finished the entire first ball of yarn! I knitted in to my second one. We'll see if this next week is as productive as my first. I kind of doubt it, but we'll see. I suppose this post is a bit of "praise to me" but I just wanted to share my enthusiasm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's great, Holly! Maybe I'll have to look into knitting...
wowee wow! you're amazing!
I am so excited for you! Thanks for putting up a photo. It is beautiful.
ooh, looks great! Can I have a gold and red one for my HP trip??
Post a Comment